Malai or fresh cream has been used since ages as a moisturizer to clear away dry patches and to make skin soft, especially in winters when skin gets extremely dry, stretchy and flaky. We all know how extensively malai is used in India, it is even applied on the belly button and left overnight, as a cure for dry and chapped lips. The best thing about “malai” is that it is easily available and a walk to the kitchen can solve a lot of skin care issues – from gently exfoliating skin to adding loads of moisture and glow. So, check out 8ways to use fresh cream/malai for glowing skin, irrespective of your skin type.
Benefits of Using Malai/Fresh Cream:
1. Lactic acid in malai mildly exfoliates, brightens skin tone.
2. Stimulates collagen production.
3. Tackles premature signs of ageing such as fine lines.
4. Fades away dark spots.
5. Evens out skin tone.
6. Presence of fatty acids deeply moisturizes skin.
7. Adds radiance and glow to the skin.
8. Regular use of this method will improve your skin texture and enhance its smoothness.
8 Ways To Use Fresh Cream Malai For Glowing Skin:
1. Besan and Fresh Cream To Exfoliate Skin: This is Kiara Advani’s favorite homemade exfoliating scrub that also adds softness and glow to the skin. To make this scrub, mix two tablespoons of fresh cream with 1 tbsp of besan. Apply this smooth paste all over the face and let it dry for 15 minutes. Wash off with normal water and do so in gentle circular motions.
2. Oatmeal and Malai Scrub For Smooth Skin: Blend two tablespoons of oatmeal into powder form and add 2 tablespoons of fresh malai. You can also add 1 tbsp of rose water to make it into a smooth paste. Apply this all over face and neck, keep for 10 minutes or until semi dry. Remove in circular motion with normal water.
3. Turmeric and Malai To Brighten Skin Tone and Fade Scars: You just need a pinch of turmeric in one or two tbsp of malai to brighten complexion and fade scars.
4. Malai and Honey To Hydrate Skin: This can act as a double-duty moisturizer. Mix equal quantities of fresh cream and honey, and apply on the skin, leave it for 20 minutes, and rinse off. The best thing about this pack is that it can be applied on the hair to soften and add shine to the hair as well.
5. Malai and Aloe Vera To Add Glow: This face pack can add glow and radiance to the skin. Just mix equal quantities of malai and aloe vera, keep it for 20 minutes, and wash away with water.
6. Lemon Juice and Malai To Brighten Skin Tone: This face mask brightens skin tone with the combinatino of vitamin C from lemon and lactic acid from fresh cream. To 2 tbsp of fresh cream, squeeze in a few drops of lemon juice and apply on the face and neck area. Rinse off with normal water after 15 minutes.
7. Fresh Malai as a Cleanser To Clear Clogged Pores: Take the milk cream and blend it well between your palms. Add a few drops of rose water to the milk cream and apply the milk cream on your face in circular motion, proceeding from nose, forehead chin towards your hairline. Leave on the milk cream on your face for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, wipe of the excess milk cream from your face gently, using cotton balls/ soft ply tissues. If your skin is really dry, you will be surprised to find that very less of the milk cream remains on your face.
8. Avocado and Milk Cream To Deeply Moisturize Skin: Take cream from fresh milk (malai) and pulp of avocado. Mix them well and apply on your face and neck. Wash it off after 20 minutes. Avocados come loaded with omega-3 fatty acids which hydrate the skin, tighten the pores and erase fine lines giving way to supple and smooth skin while milk cream moisturizes the skin and gives a youthful glow to your face.