So you woke up with a big pimple on your nose or have run out of shaving cream, and do not know how to deal with such beauty emergencies! What’s more, you’ve got to be somewhere important or special today, but you’re just not feeling confident! Bad hair days, patchy skin, broken nails can happen to anyone. These are situations where emergency options must be explored to deliver you from the misery of a less-than-perfect appearance. In this post, we list down 10 Emergency Beauty Hacks Every Girl Must Know to overcome such situations.
1. Puffy Eyes: Tired puffy eyes can ruin your radiant makeup and gorgeous attire. Whip out a fresh cucumber from your fridge, cut two slices and puree the rest of it. Use the paste as a mask, and the slices to cover your eyes as you relax. Viola! The puffiness is gone and you look more refreshed! What with so much health awareness, most kitchen cupboards have green tea stocked up. Dip two green tea bags into hot water for 20 seconds to get the tea leaves wet. Take them out of the water, place in a clean bowl and pop it into the your freezer for 15 mins. When they are nice and cold, place them over your eyes for about 5 minutes. The antioxidant properties of the green tea and the cool temperature will reduce puffiness. If your eyes just look tired due to lack of sleep or ill-health, a touch of gold eyeshadow on the inner corner of your eye or a white pencil liner on the lower lash line can achieve a wide-awake bright look.
2. Oily/Shiny Skin: Some women experience more than usually oily skin during periods. For such times, keep some loose mineral powder handy in your purse to brush on a shiny forehead or nose. Along with this you may find blotting paper useful to pick up excess oil without disturbing your makeup.
3. Toothpaste for Pimples: Pimples have a knack for turning up when least desired. If it appears at least 12 hours prior to your event, apply a tiny bit of toothpaste on it with a q-tip. Best results are obtained overnight. Toothpaste dries out the pimple and makes the redness fade. Don’t apply too much of it, or you can end up irritating the skin. Also be careful to apply only on the spot. If you notice pimples only a few hours from your party or night out, purchase an over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream from any medical shop and apply with a q-tip. This has vasoconstrictive properties which will shrink the pimple.
4. Use Red Lipstick as Concealer To Cover Dark Circles: A concealer is essential to hide blemishes, spots and pimples before applying makeup. And would you believe us if we told you that you can use an orange lipstick to conceal dark circles. People usually use orange color corrector to hide hyperpigmentation, dark spots, and uneven skin tone, but in an emergency, if you can’t find an orange corrector in your stash, wield out a red lipstick and use it to cover dark circles. Here’s a detailed post on how you can do it – “How to Use a Red Lipstick as a Corrective Under Eye Concealer.”
5. Dull Nails: You’re still only halfway through your makeup and the husband is standing at the door with the car keys and his famous scowl. You realize that this is not the best time for a nail spa. For a simple quick fix to give dull-looking nails a shiny, salon-fresh look, spray a little hairspray onto them.
6. Eyelash Curling: As always, you’re short of time for a complete makeup ritual. As you dress in a jiffy, you find there’s just no time for curling eyelashes. Pick up a steel spoon and heat for a few seconds under a blowdryer. Check temperature against your skin and then bring it close to your eye. Place the convex side against your lashes as shown in the picture. Bend your lashes and roll them over the rim of the spoon with your forefinger, holding for a few seconds. Doing this in 2-3 sections or parts allow maximum curling of all lashes.
7. Limp Hair: So many times you have been plunged into depression with a bad hair day. We’ve all heard about the baby powder trick. When your bottle of volume spray is over, all you need to do is to put some baby powder on your palms and dust on your hair. Comb through and brush away excess.
8. Tame Flyaways with a Toothbrush: Spray a little bit of hairspray on your old toothbrush and comb it through hair to tame flyaways and static hair.
9. To Soothe Shoe Bite: Ouch! Nothing hurts more than walking around in new shoes with a shoe bite! In such a situation, whip out your favorite lip balm and apply over the affected area to minimize the friction between your skin and the shoe, and that shoe bite wouldn’t feel painful anymore.
10. Use Hair Conditioner as Shaving Cream: There are many times when you are actually running out of shaving cream. At such times, you can surely use a conditioner as your shaving cream. Take a few drops and lather the conditioner properly. Then, shave as usual. Using conditioner can help you to get silky smooth skin also.
Hope these tips would help you feel and look confident.