The dream of every bride-to-be is to look beautiful on her wedding day, but then you have to prepare and follow a good skincare and haircare routine well in advance. In fact, start taking care of your skin and hair at least two months prior to marriage to get the desired outcome. Pre-bridal skin care should be juxtaposed with an elaborate hair care session. Take proper care of your locks to ensure that your crowning glory is at its splendid best on the big day of your life. In this post, we list down pre-bridal hair care tips at home for gorgeous hair.
1. Choose a shampoo that suits your scalp and hair. Shampoo as and when required. You may have to shampoo 2, 3 or 4 times every week, depending upon the kind of hair you have, the climatic conditions and the amount of pollution your locks are exposed to. If your hair is clean, you are less prone to scalp infections and hair problems. Always follow up with a conditioner for your hair.
2. Stop combing wet hair and always use a wide-toothed comb while brushing your hair. Pick gentle hair cleansers, those without SLS and SLES.
3. Avoid putting your hair through frequent perming, straightening, styling, coloring, blow-drying, curling and ironing. It is understandable that you want to “look good” or may be, “look different,” but that wish of yours might spur hair fall, dandruff, and ruin the texture of hair, especially if you are skipping heat protectant as well.
4. Get hold of every natural thing that you can use for nourishing your hair. If you want color, use henna at least twice a month. You may like to add some coffee or turmeric to get a color of your choice. If you want extra shine for your hair, treat your hair with a homemade mask made with egg white and curd, and add juice of half a lemon to it. Apply this mask all over hair, including the scalp, and rinse after one hour.
5. Go for hot oil treatment at least once a week.
6. Massage onion juice or amla juice to nourish hair roots and to tackle hair fall if any.
7. Squeeze the juice of a lemon and dilute it with a few drops of water. Apply all over your scalp and leave it at least for 2 hours to treat dandruff. This should be done twice every week.
8. Include loads of fresh vegetables and fruits in your daily diet.
9. To nourish hair from within, eat nutrient-rich snacks such as nuts, almonds, cashews, dates and raisins in small portions.
10. Drink the juice of an amla or two, daily to promote hair health.
11. For beautiful hair and skin, drink at least 2 liters of water per day.
12. Deep Condition Hair Once a Week: Deep conditioning hair mask does a lot more than regular hair conditioner. When your hair is damaged beyond repair, deep conditioning hair mask steps in. Deep conditioning hair mask is an essential part of a healthy hair regimen, whether your hair is natural, coloured or chemically treated to bring back shine, softness, and smoothness to the hair. Here’s a homemade deep conditioning mask that you can make with natural ingredients.
13. Clear Product Buildup: Shampoo, dry shampoo, and other hair care products can cause buildup on the scalp which can lead to blocked hair follicles and trigger hair fall, and that’s why, it’s important to exfoliate and condition your scalp every few weeks. Here’s a homemade solution to remove product buildup and boost hair growth.
14. If frizzy hair is giving you sleepless nights, here’s an extremely moisturizing hair mask that would soften and tame hair.
15. Hair Spa at Home: Don’t believe in splurging loads of money on hair spa in salons? Don’t worry, here are “5 Steps To Get a Luxurious Hair Spa At Home.”