The bridal season is around the corner and we know many beautiful women here are waiting with bated breath and butterflies in their stomach for their big day. Every would-be bride is filled with a lot of excitement, dreams, hopes and aspirations, planning her future ahead and living her dream life. Looking forward to look at your charming best on your wedding day and want to have clear and radiant skin on your D-day so that you can sport minimal makeup? We are here to help with 12 Awesome yet Basic Skincare Tips For Would-Be Brides so that they would look their glowing best as a bride, and the best thing is that these are easy to follow, and do not require you to spend loads of money on exotic bridal packages. They show results almost at par with the costly bridal spa packages, at 1/10th cost or even less; the only condition is that you have to be regular in maintaining the routine. Start at least 2 months prior to the “big day” and be religious in your regimen.
1. Skip Soap and Harsh Cleansers on Face: Soaps and face washes can be convenient to use but often contain ingredients that are harsh on your skin. Hence, the best option is to eliminate them for these few days. What to do to clean your face and body then? When you go for a bath, carry a mixture of besan and milk. You would do well if you could add a pinch of turmeric to the mixture. Use the paste (which should have a runny consistency) on alternate days or at least 2 times a week while taking a bath and it will effectively clean your skin of impurities, without drying the skin and also exfoliate the skin. Use it to wash your face twice daily. It is absolutely safe and helps to brighten the complexion. You should also try the oil cleansing method once in a week.
2. Start on a Good Diet: We spend a lot of money on expensive skin care and salon facials, but the secret to beautiful skin, is right there on your plate. You are what you eat, and it tends to reflects on skin and hair as well. Following a good diet will help clear up the skin and that’s why it’s important to resort to clean and healthy eating. If you to want to drop a few kilos as well, check out the Rati Beauty Diet on the Rati Beauty app for more details.
3. Avoid Products with Denatured Alcohol: We are specifically talking isopropyl and benzyl alcohol, most commonly found in skincare products, that tend to dry out skin, and in fact make oily skin more oily and greasy. Avoid skincare products with these alcohols. But on the other hand cetyl and stearyl alcohols are good for the skin, so do make a conscious decision and consult a dermatologist to pick products according to your skin type.
4. Say no to Toners Containing Parabens: Toners form an important part of your skin care regimen, but not parabens. Hence opt for rose water as the most convenient toner you can lay your hands on. Alternately, you can prepare green tea toner and keep it in the refrigerator. Use it with cotton pads to give an anti-oxidant treat every time you tone your skin.
5. Tan Removal: The first and foremost thing is that, you should avoid getting tanned altogether. Avoid the peak hours when sun rays are very harsh. Use a good-quality sunscreen with high SPF and even then, an umbrella is a must. Every day, while you go for bath, carry some curd (preferably homemade) to the bathroom. Apply on your body and bathe as usual. Do this daily. This will keep your skin hydrated and remove tan.
6. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize: If you are planning to get married this winter, you must be all the more careful with this tip. Your skin shouldn’t look dry and parched during the wedding rituals. Massage your skin with pure olive oil every day after bathing and even then, you shouldn’t underestimate the importance of body lotions. Use a good quality body lotion twice daily, once after bath and once before going to bed. As far as face is concerned, raw honey would suit almost every skin type. Apply honey on the face and neck every alternate day as honey is a natural humectant. While going to bed, use a good night cream, a foot cream, and also a hand cream so that you get up feeling soft and nourished. If possible, mix a few drops of lemon juice with water and dab it on the face. Let it dry and then, apply the night cream. This will enable you to lighten complexion naturally with overnight treatment if your skin is happy with lemon juice but refrain from using it if you have irritation.
7. Indulge in Facial Once Every 21 days: Although weekly facials are not needed, you won’t mind getting pampered once in 21 days when it comes prior to your wedding. If it is about 3 months to go, you can get 4 facial sessions, in a way that the last session is 2 days before your wedding. Choose a facial that would suit you and get it done by expert hands. You may also want to try out some tested homemade facials if you are not comfortable with the kits available in the market, and here are “7 Best Facials To Get Bridal Glow.”
8. Drink More Water: As cliched as it may sound, water is a magic elixir that you cannot have enough of! Don’t stop at just 8 glasses of water, sip it through the day, and watch your skin within a few days. Bonus – you get to drop some weight as well!
9. Overnight Beauty Treatments: Try these “Overnight Beauty Treatments to Wake Up with Gorgeous Skin and Hair.”
10. Abhayanga: Also known as full body massage, it has multiple benefits – from reducing stress, adding glow and radiance to the entire body, improving blood circulation, and promoting lymphatic drainage. Abhayanga also nourishes skin, reduces the appearance of cellulite, it also clears spots and blemishes. Abhyanga is a form of ayurvedic massage in which you apply warm oil from head to toe in circular motion, and let the oil absorb into the body, and then proceed for a warm shower. Sesame oil, almond oil, ghee, flaxseed oil, etc. are commonly used oils for abhayanga. When done once or twice a week, it promotes healthy skin and overall well being, and no one can stop you from looking like a million dollars on your wedding day.
11. Dry Brushing: This technique helps to exfoliate skin, improve blood circulation, reduce cellulite, and also get rid of ingrown hair. Here’s a detailed post on how to do dry brushing all by yourself.
12. Saffron-Turmeric-Yogurt Face Mask: It’s one of the best tan removal face packs that also makes skin soft, smooth, and radiant. Make a pack using a few strands of saffron, in besan and yogurt, and keep this pack overnight in the fridge. Apply this pack all over the body in the morning and rinse off after 30 minutes. Do this twice a week for better results. Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on how to make this tan-removal face mask at home.
These tips are absolutely basic. It is not necessary that only would-be brides should follow them. However, women become beauty conscious when they plan marriage and hence, this article. Start when there are two or three months left and you would surely benefit and have that bridal glow on your face.