* THE Conlaw guy shares his thoughts on the current state of qualified immunity. 2Ls, get your highlighters ready. [ABA Journal]
* Illinois sets governor up to nix a 1995 law that required doctors to inform parents when patients under 17 get an abortion. [WCIA]
* If Donny wants to sue for his Twitter handle back, he’ll have to do it in California. He’ll be fine, I’m sure they have golf courses there. [The Hill]
* Jury selection appears to be difficult when the defendants are literal Nazis. While impartiality is important, I am glad it’s difficult to find people neutral about swastikas. [Washington Post]
* An Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) case is testing the limits of tribal sovereignty. This is the most active season of SCOTUS determining rights since Plessy! [Missouri Independent]
Chris Williams became a social media manager and assistant editor for Above the Law in June 2021. Prior to joining the staff, he moonlighted as a minor Memelord™ in the Facebook group Law School Memes for Edgy T14s. Before that, he wrote columns for an online magazine named The Muse Collaborative under the pen name Knehmo. He endured the great state of Missouri long enough to graduate from Washington University in St. Louis School of Law. He is a former boatbuilder who cannot swim, a published author on critical race theory, philosophy, and humor, and has a love for cycling that occasionally annoys his peers. You can reach him by email at [email protected] and by tweet at @WritesForRent.