* Moot Court Prof thinks she was terminated after she made comments about job insecurity. Sometimes professors give employment law hypos; sometimes they become them. [ABA Journal]
* New L.A. law bans homeless encampments in over 50 different places. Where are they supposed to go? [Los Angeles Times]
* Protest against SB8 numbering thousands takes place in downtown Los Angeles. Good to know that the Lone Star state is getting external support. [Daily Sundial]
* Some law firms are choosing real property over virtual workspaces. I guess it is harder to host team-building pizza parties over Zoom. [Law.com]
* CDC okays booster shots for the big 3 COVID vaccines. Can I mix and match? I’m in the mood for a Pfizer x JJ Arnold Palmer. [Law360]
Chris Williams became a social media manager and assistant editor for Above the Law in June 2021. Prior to joining the staff, he moonlighted as a minor Memelord™ in the Facebook group Law School Memes for Edgy T14s. Before that, he wrote columns for an online magazine named The Muse Collaborative under the pen name Knehmo. He endured the great state of Missouri long enough to graduate from Washington University in St. Louis School of Law. He is a former boatbuilder who cannot swim, a published author on critical race theory, philosophy, and humor, and has a love for cycling that occasionally annoys his peers. You can reach him by email at [email protected] and by tweet at @WritesForRent.