Hair is considered as crowning glory for women and men alike and that’s why it’s important to take care of hair to avoid thinning and bald patches. Don’t we all wish we could get our hands on some magic potion that could trigger hair growth magically and overnight. It could be that you want to outgrow a bad haircut or that you’ve always craved beautiful waist-length hair. While one must acknowledge that there is no quick-fix method to sprout longer hair overnight, there are certainly methods to increase the rate of growth over a certain period. We have listed down 12 Ways To Boost Hair Growth naturally so that you can flaunt gorgeous hair forever.
12 Ways To Boost Hair Growth:
1. Cut back on smoking, caffeine and carbonated sodas all of which are growth blockers.
2. Eat a healthy diet which includes plenty of fruits, veggies, nuts, whole grains, eggs and poultry. The very structure of hair is composed of protein. Make sure you are getting enough protein from vegetarian or non vegetarian sources to help you grow hair faster. Avoid foods that are high in sugar or fat. Essential fatty acids may be obtained from fish among animal sources and from nuts and flaxseeds among plant sources.
3. If you want to take extra hair supplements, biotin, zinc, b-complex, iron, vitamin E, vitamin A and Omega 3 Fatty Acids are some names that you should look for. For more information on specific supplements for growth, refer to IMBB article HERE
4. Avoid combing hair when wet. Don’t indulge in unnecessary brushing, blow-drying or heat-styling. Overexposure to chemicals in dyes or procedures such as rebonding stunt hair growth. Stick to nature-sourced colours such as henna and indigo. Use natural organic shampoos as far as possible.
5. Avoid the use of hot water for washing the hair. Always wash in lukewarm or preferably, cold water.
6. Regularly do a scalp massage with natural growth-boosting oils such as coconut, jojoba and olive oil to stimulate the follicles.
7. Trim your hair regularly to remove damaged hair and split ends every 6-12 weeks, depending on your rate of growth.
8. Live happy stress-free life and get ample rest and sleep to allow hair to reach its maximum growth potential.
9. Apply olive oil to your scalp every week at night and massage well. Take a towel soaked in hot water and squeeze out excess water. Wrap it around your head to allow the heat to open pores on the scalp and let the oil absorb. Wash next morning.
10. Make a mixture of aloe vera gel and honey and apply on scalp. Keep for 20 mins before washing off.
11. Finely chop an onion and add it to shampoo. Leave it aside for fifteen days and then use shampoo as usual. This makes hair grow faster.
12. Prepare a shampoo with little pieces of aloe vera and onion to wash hair 2 or 3 times a week. Follow with any avocado or rosemary based conditioner.
Bonus Hair Growth Boosting Tips:
• Mix 1 tsp soy powder, 1 tsp wheatgerm, 1 tsp honey and 1 tsp brewer’s yeast in a cup of yoghurt. Consume with once daily and you should see results within a month.
• Don’t discard the water after boiling potatoes. Use as a rinse after shampoo.
• Boil 2 tbsp of dry rosemary in a cup of olive oil. Let it stand for 3 days before straining. Use for head massage weekly.
• Blend one tomato with a few drops of olive oil, and apply warm on scalp. Leave on for an hour and wash.
• Provide your hair necessary nutrients by mixing an egg, 1 tsp olive oil, 2 tsps of honey. Massage on scalp and wash in half an hour.
• Soak aloe vera pieces in water overnight. Strain and use next day as a hair rinse.
• Boil dry rosemary in water and use as a daily rinse.
Hope these tips help you boost hair growth following natural methods.