Nowadays, hair fall has become a common complaint irrespective of age or gender. Thankfully, there are plenty of home remedies for hair loss to put a brake on hair loss and hair fall. Follow these simple tips to reduce hair fall and restore strength and shine to falling or thinning hair. These steps focus on follicle stimulation to achieve fresh growth while preventing hair from falling out.
1. Boil several dried pieces of amla in coconut oil and use as a regular tonic.
2. Mix equal amounts of fresh amla juice and lemon juice, used as a shampoo also prevents hair loss.
3. Mix equal amounts of lettuce juice and spinach juice. If you consume around half litre of this solution daily, you will notice a reduction in hair loss and new growth soon.
4. Take 250 ml mustard oil and boil it in a pan. Gradually add 60gms of henna leaves to it till they are slowly burned. Cool and strain. Use regularly.
5. Apply coconut milk all over the scalp and massage into roots.
6. Mix lemon juice in coconut oil, and apply on hair an hour or two before washing off. This helps to control dandruff-related hair loss.
7. Apply the juice of a medium-sized onion on the scalp, keep for 1 hour, and then rinse off with a mild shampoo.
8. Wash your hair with a ground paste made out of cooked black gram and methi seeds soaked in water.
9. Mix castor oil with coconut oil in the ratio 1:1 and apply to affected areas of thinning hair.
10. Mix half cup of apple cider vinegar to one cup of sage tea and use as a rinse.
11. Look for products containing saw palmetto or ask your doctor to prescribe an oral supplement of the same.
12. Boil dry rosemary in a pan of water to use as a rinse.
13. In a cup of coconut oil, boil 10 neem leaves and use for hair loss due to fungal scalp infections.
1. Mix 4 drops of rosemary essential oil to a cup of olive oil and use topically on scalp.
2. For fungal infections and severe dandruff that causes hair loss, mix 4 drops of tea tree oil to your regular hair oil and use on alternate nights before sleeping.
3. Use shampoos and conditioners that list silica and biotin as ingredients or consult a dermatologist for a prescription of these vital nutrients.
4. Mix together 1/2 tsp. rosemary essential oil, 1/2 tsp jojoba oil. Apply all over scalp before shampooing.
5. In one cup of aloe vera gel, add 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar. 1/2 tsp vitamin E oil, 1/2 tsp. rosemary essential oil. Blend in a mixer until smooth and applyas a daily hair loss tonic on the scalp.
6. Regular application of henna also helps hair loss.
7. Boil 20 leaves of hibiscus and two tbsp of dried sage in a cup of bhringraj oil. Cool and strain. Use this to give yourself a head massage. Wrap a hot wet towel around your head after application to open up the scalp pores and allow oil tincture to penetrate. Shampoo next morning or after two hours.
Most importantly, no one can undermine the importance of a healthy diet in tackling hair fall because lack of nutrients can trigger severe hair fall. Make sure your meals are balanced with an adequate portion of whole grains, fresh green vegetables and fruits. For healthy diet plans, check out the Rati Beauty diet which would also help you lose weight as well.