What can be more frustrating than standing on the weighing scale, expecting it to tip in your favour, but instead it shows shocking numbers and an upward climb (inspite of sticking to your diet and exercising every single day). Horror of horrors, you have gained weight, instead of losing! Now, before you get demotivated and abandon the idea of weight loss, we would like to tell you that the situation can be reversed and you can continue losing weight successfully, and for that, we would have to weed out some sneaky reasons that are behind the weight gain. In this post, we list out 8 Sneaky Reasons Why you Are Gaining Weight Instead of Losing.
1. You are Hardly Eating any Food: That’s the problem! In order to rapidly lose weight, people often make the grave mistake of skipping meals altogether and eating as less as possible. Without proper nutrition, the body decides to conserve energy instead of burning extra fat. It does so by lowering metabolism and creating hormonal imbalances. It’s important to follow a diet which does not put your body into a starvation mode – you should not feel deprived – that’s why following the Rati Beauty diet on the Rati Beauty app to lose weight successfully. Eat right and not less is our mantra, and it does not feel like dieting at all!
2. You are Not Being Mindful About Frequent Snacking: A handful of nuts while working the laptop, one more slice of bread during breakfast, two more tablespoons of peanut butter, one more doughnut, an extra packet of chips – all may not seem much at that time, but they do add back a lot more calories than you can guess, and instead of losing weight, you might be unintentionally creating more fat cells. Stick to the meal and snack timings on the Rati Beauty diet and lose weight successfully.
3. Not Counting Liquid Calories: Since fruit juices are healthy, we often do not keep count of those calories. In fact, liquid calories get easily digested because they lack fiber, and you would be hungry all over again, craving for more food, and that way, would be adding more calories to the diet. So, do count even liquid calories, but the best thing would be to eat your fruits raw instead of juicing them out.
4. You Have Burnt Muscle along with Fat: It’s a fact that you get to burn more calories when there’s more muscle. With the wrong kind of diet, even muscle can waste away along with fat. So, eat a protein-rich diet, and for that, check out the weight loss diets on the Rati Beauty app.
5. You Can’t Get Stress out of your Life: Cortisol, which is the stress hormone, not only stalls fat burning, it also encourages buildup of fat around the belly area. Chronic stress also lower metabolism and tends to increase cravings for unhealthy food like sweets, chocolates, sugary delights, and junk food. The solution lies in busting the stress – go for walks, listen to music, find a new hobby, meditate or practice yoga.
6. Not Drinking Enough Water: It has almost become a cliche in all weight loss posts, but unless you drink enough water (at least 2 liters per day), weight loss is not going to happen. Water hydrates the body, speeds up metabolism, and helps in physiological processes that aid in fat burning. So, do not skimp on the quantity of water because it is a prerequisite for losing weight.
7. Binging on Netflix and Web Series: Don’t deprive yourself of good-quality sleep every night if you sincerely want to shed extra pounds and that too really quickly. Sleep deprivation causes essential hormones like leptin, ghrelin, cortisol to dysfunction. Leptin sends signals to brain that you are full after you eat, and ghrelin stimulates hunger. Due to lack of sleep, the quantity of leptin decreases in your body, and the ghrelin levels increase, cortisol also shoots up (keeping stress levels high all the time). Also, it triggers cravings for unhealthy food and lowers metabolism. To avoid all these imbalances, make it a point to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night and cut down screen time as well as TV time, and sleep early and wake up early.
8. You are Obsessed with Fat Free and Sugar-Free Stuff: Just because they are marketed as “healthy,” are you picking them off the shelves? Don’t be surprised when you don’t lose a gram even after replacing white sugar in your food with sugar free or eating fat-free stuff available. The fat-free stuff probably has loads of sugar added to prevent the product from going bland after ripping off fat content. In fact, healthy fat helps to burn extra calories in the body. Also, sugar-free products have been found to increase appetite, so ditch processed food, and eat healthy fats and pick healthy alternatives to sugar such as stevia leaves or jaggery.
We hope you can weed these sneaky factors as soon as possible and lose weight successfully on the Rati Beauty diet.