It’s easy to look at hair transplant procedures as the holy grail for balding. It’s a quick solution that promises amazing results. But before you get too far along the path of considering transplant procedures, there are some alternative options worth considering.
Common Hair Transplant Procedures
If you’re looking for a quick fix to your hair loss problem, you’re probably intrigued by hair transplant procedures. And with some of the amazing before and after photos that get shared in your social media news feed, a transplant is definitely an attractive option.
Two of the most common hair transplant procedures include:
- The FUT technique. The Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT) technique is performed by taking a strip of skin with hair follicles from a donor site (usually the back of your head) and transplanting it to the balding areas. Doctors take the strip of skin and separate out the tissue containing hair follicles. The recipient site is prepped with tiny holes and then the new strips are individually grafted in.
- The FUE method. The Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) method is very similar, yet aims to address a few of the disadvantages that come with the FUT technique. FUE involves the same harvesting of hair follicles from a donor site and moving them to an area that’s balding/thinning to create a fuller look. However, instead of removing strips of tissue, the FUE method collects individual follicles from the scalp and then inserts them into the recipient site using tiny, precise incisions.
These are definitely the most popular hair transplant procedures right now. However, as with any part of the medical field, new methods and techniques are always emerging. It’s possible that some other technique will come along and usurp these procedures in the future.
Risks of Hair Transplant Procedures
Hair transplants can be effective. And while they tend to be safe in most instances, there are always risks associated with any type of procedure. Side effects from FUT and FUE procedures tend to be minor and short-lived. However, complications do occur. Side effects may include:
- Scalp swelling
- Tenderness and pain
- Bruising around the eyes
- Crusty and itchy skin around the donor or recipient site
- Numbness around the donor or recipient site
- Inflammation of the hair follicles (folliculitis)
- Unnatural looking hair and/or uneven growth
Depending on the skill of the doctor performing the procedure, you could experience some or all of these side effects after a FUT or FUE transplant.
3 Alternatives You Should Try First
In addition to potential side effects and complications, hair transplant procedures can be expensive. (You can expect to pay at least $5,000 to $15,000 in most situations.) It can also require weeks or months of waiting to get onto a doctor’s appointment calendar. Thus if you’re looking for fast results, you may be sorely disappointed.
The good news is that hair transplant procedures are only one option for regrowing hair. There are plenty of other alternative options that are (a) less risky, (b) less expensive, and (c) more convenient. Here are a few worth thinking about:
- Low Level Laser Therapy
When it comes to safely regrowing hair without a painful procedure or lots of medication, there’s one treatment option that reigns supreme: Low level laser therapy, or LLLT. LLLT is the process of applying light-emitting diodes (LEDs) to the surface of the scalp using a laser hair cap. These lights stimulate follicles, increase blood flow, and spark cellular function. In turn, these dormant follicles wake up and jumpstart the hair growth process.
At Kiierr, we’ve gone through the painstaking process of developing our own FDA-approved laser caps. They’re specifically calibrated to emit a 650nm wavelength, which is known to aid in the promotion of hair growth. When used 30 minutes daily for several months, most individuals report significant regrowth.
The beauty of LLLT is that it can be done at home and is totally pain-free. It can also be leveraged in conjunction with the other two alternatives below. This makes it the perfect option for stopping balding in its tracks.
- Hair Growth Supplements
One of the easiest ways to stop hair loss and encourage healthy growth is to switch from your typical off-the-shelf hair care products that contain harsh chemicals and swap them out with hair growth supplements and natural products.
At Kiierr, we offer a number of effective options, including:
We recommend giving some of these products a try for several months to see what sort of progress you can make. It’s an easy and painless way to address the issue without any expensive procedures or equipment.
Approved medication, there are two FDA-approved medications on the market that are designed to treat hair loss:
- Minoxidil. Commonly prescribed under the brand name Rogaine, minoxidil is usually applied topically to the scalp. It increases blood flow to the area and stops hair loss. It is, however, a temporary treatment option and hair loss will continue after usage is discontinued.
- Finasteride. Commonly prescribed under the brand name Propecia, finasteride inhibits type II 5-alpha-reductase, which is an enzyme responsible for converting testosterone into DHT (a more potent androgen). The drug typically reduces DHT levels by 60 percent, which reduces its damaging effect on hair growth. Like minoxidil, finasteride requires continued use in order to achieve the desired results.
In some extreme situations, doctors recommend using minoxidil and finasteride in tandem for a period of time. However, you’ll need to consult with your doctor before determining the best path forward in your situation.
Guaranteed Hair Growth Improvement in 7 Months
At Kiierr, we’re not just selling industry-changing laser cap systems – we wholeheartedly believe in them. That’s because our FDA-cleared laser caps have a 93 percent success rate in clinical studies and are recommended by doctors all over the country.
We’re so confident in our Kiierr Laser Cap System for hair growth that we guarantee results in 7 months, or we’ll refund you 100 percent of your money. Buy a Kiierr Laser Cap today and try it risk-free!