Weight loss eventually boils down to healthy eating, making lifestyle changes, and being active through the day. And following certain principles at the beginning of the weight loss journey would make the process a whole lot easier. Clean eating involves avoiding food that have undergone a lot of processing and picking up nutrient-dense, whole foods as much as possible. As we all know, without proper nourishment, it’s extremely difficult to lose weight because our body needs nutrients to function, even for the fat-burning process. So, do not crash diet, eat mindfully, and pick foods that would nourish your body. To lose weight successfully, follow the diet plans on the Rati Beauty diet. Download the app for more details.
1. Eat Real Food: It’s the exact opposite of processed food – real food is free of preservatives, chemicals, not processed and is available in its natural state – and we are talking about vegetables, fruits, eggs, milk, grains, cereals, fish, dairy, nuts, legumes, etc. Real food is rich in nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and they all help your body to function properly.
2. Pick Foods with Minimum Ingredients: If a food has one or two ingredients, it’s close to real. If a particular food has more ingredients, it has been processed. Packaged fruit juices, potato chips, cakes, chocolates, are a few examples of processed food with preservatives, thickeners, emusilfiers, added color, flavour, etc. If any food packaging has more than five ingredients, do not pick it up. Also, avoid products with added sugar, salt, emulsifiers, and also transfat. Also, checking the ingredients list is a good way to avoid added sugar that’s presented under different names – fructose, high fructose syrup, sugar syrup, evaporated cane juice, agave nectar, are just a few examples.
4. Make that Extra Effort to Find Organic Food: Invest in your health and try to find organic food because certain studies have revealed that organic food can help you lose weight. Organic food is cultivated without the use of harmful pesticides and chemicals, antibiotics, and haven’t been genetically modified, hence they tend to retain their nutrition and antioxidant content. So, do make a conscious effort to include more organic food in your diet.
5. Eat Lots of Veggies: Increasing vegetable intake will help you get a lot of nutrition, fiber, minerals, vitamins, all within fewer calories.
6. Totally Give up White Sugar, White Flour: White sugar and white flour have loads empty calories that raise blood sugar and insulin levels rapidly, and as we all know, insulin is also a hormone that encourages the body to store fat. By cutting down sugar, you would be able to shed weight really well and get your dream body and goal weight fast. Stubborn fat like belly fat will melt away only if added sugar is eliminated from the diet. Avoid refined carbs and you would have taken a big step towards clean eating.
7. Stick to Homemade Meals: When you can cook your own meals, it is easy to get into a calorie deficit and lose weight by cutting down extra calories that come along with processed food.
8. Pick Local Produce: Pick locally-sourced ingredients rather than looking for exotic food because local produce is fresh and tends to contain the maximum amount of nutrition.
9. Eat Mindfully: It’s a fact that even if you are eating the healthiest of foods, if you don’t eat them mindfully, you would not achieve successful weight loss. Here are some amazing hacks to eat your food mindfully.
10. Fill Half of your Plate with Vegetables: It’s the easiest way to feel full without getting in a lot of calories during meals, cover half of your plate with vegetables.
11. Replace Refined Grains with Whole Grains: Totally switch to whole grains and cut out refined food source because they spike insulin levels and can make you insulin resistant, and lead to weight gain. Brown rice, oatmeal, buckwheat, millets are some examples of whole grains.
12. Switch to a Healthy Cooking Oil: For someone who’s on a diet to lose weight, olive oil is a staple, and that’s the reason, Rati Beauty Weight Loss diet promotes olive oil in their recipes. Olive oil, in its cold-pressed version, is rich monosaturated fat which is great for heart health. Olive oil is rich antioxidants in olive oil, improves insulin sensitivity, and supplies healthy fats to the body. The same way, coconut oil is also a healthy oil that promotes fat loss. Avoid refined, seed, and vegetable oils.
Above all, drink at least 2 liters of water every single day to flush out toxins, avoid dehydration, to boost metabolism, and aid the fat-burning process.