Steps to Applying for IES Grants
- Identify a current funding opportunity that matches your research interests and identify the relevant Letter of Intent and application deadlines and sign up for IES newsflashes to stay informed.
- View a funding opportunities webinar to learn more about the application process and choosing an appropriate funding opportunity and attend our virtual office hour sessions for general, group discussions.
- Download the Application Submission Guide, as well as the appropriate Request for Applications and application package (Search for CFDA 84.305 or CFDA 84.324).
- Submit your Letter of Intent (optional but strongly encouraged).
- Register (or update) your organization on Grants.gov and SAM.gov.
- Submit your application to Grants.gov before the application deadline.
Standards and Review
The Standards and Review Office (SRO) is responsible for the scientific peer review process for the grant applications.
Online Resources for Applicants
IES Peer Review Panel Discussions
After Submitting an IES Application
Learn More about IES Grants
Please read an Overview of IES Research and Research Training Grants Programs to learn more about research and training programs supported by IES. You can also learn more about grants funded by IES by using our project search tool.
Need Help? For general inquires, contact IES. For questions about specific funding opportunities, contact the National Center for Education Research (84.305 RFAs) or the National Center for Special Education Research (84.324 RFAs).