“Indoor Propane Heaters: Get cozy this winter without burning your pockets”
Indoor propane heaters are the best alternative for traditional or electric room heaters. Because they are cheaper to run and warm up the room pretty quickly.
Some indoor propane heater models are compact and portable enough for outdoor purposes like camping or patio heating.
With all those different models, choosing an indoor propane heater can be a difficult task. Below are some of the key features you have to look out for…
- Heating Capacity – Every model comes with an individual heating capacity, usually represented in BTU (British Thermal Unit). The higher the rating, the better will be the heating capacity.
- Size – For smaller outputs, you can go for compact versions. For higher output, check out bigger models. However, remember that bigger models are heavier to carry or transport.
- Reliability – As it is a fuel-powered machine, some of its parts are vulnerable to failure. To make sure it lasts for a long time without any failure issues, you have to invest in a model with the highest reliability. It usually depends on the build quality and quality of parts used.
For further information on how to choose an indoor propane heater, we recommend reading our “Buying Guide”. It helps you choose the right one suitable for your requirements.
In this article, we have covered the best indoor propane heaters available at realistic price points. We have also provided detailed information about each heater along with its pros and cons so that you can distinguish between them easily.
5 Best Indoor Propane Heater
Also check –
6 Best Indoor Propane Heater Reviews
Dewalt is a prominent brand that develops reliable power tools, outdoor equipment, and hand tools.
Dewalt’s DXH12B heater can generate up to 12,000 BTU within a short time. It has a tank capacity that allows you to use the heater for up to 7 hours. It has a reliable and quiet ignition system that starts the heater.
Starting this heater is simple and easy. You have to turn the knob to the right position to start the equipment.
The heater comes with an integrated high-speed fan that effectively disperses the heat. So, even if you don’t sit close to the heater, you will feel the warmth.
Additionally, it has a bright LED light bar that is powered by a 20V battery. The LED is handy when you are using it for working in dark places.
The portable heater has a thick grill on its outer surface. This protects the heater from getting damaged. Besides, it has a safety switch. The heater won’t turn on if you don’t tip over the switch.
It provides ample connectivity options through 3 USB ports. So, simultaneously you can charge three different electronic accessories.
- 12,000 BTU maximum heating capacity
- Dual tank capacity
- Heavy-duty design
- Grills on the front for durability
- LED light bar
- 3 USB ports for charging electronics
- High-speed fan to disperse heat
- Thermoelectric safety valve
- 2-year warranty
- High durability
- Good capacity
- High warranty period
- No heat adjustment options
- Lacks additional features
Dura Heat is popular for its affordable as well as compact options. They have a similar indoor propane heater in their lineup.
Next up, we have the most compact option from our list. The Dura Heat TT-360 is a small yet highly capable indoor propane heater. It has a wide heating area of up to 1000 square feet. Still, it is very safe to use as it has the built-in tip-over shut off feature that prevents any accidents that might be caused due to improper positioning. It is the best option only for indoors as it does not perform as well in the windy outdoor conditions.
It has a match light ignition system that prevents auto turn on or accidental turn on. You can quickly connect this propane heater with any tank because of the L tank connection. The outer body has a resistant chrome emitter guard that does not allow rust formation that might cause performance decrease over time. It has 1 year of warranty period from Dura Heat.
- Most compact option
- Highly capable indoor propane heater
- Wide heating area of up to 1000 square feet
- Safe to use
- Built-in tip-over shut off feature
- Match light ignition system
- Quick connect L tank connection
- Resistant chrome emitter guard on the body
- Does not get rust easily
- 1-year warranty
- Very compact heater
- Very wide heating area
- Propane tank sold separately
- Cannot perform in windy conditions
Martin is a very premium brand that can surely provide you a long life option. Here is an indoor propane heater from Martin.
We have a premium option from Martin. It is an 80000 BTU machine that is specially designed for indoor usage as it can be wall-mounted. It is a direct vent wall heater with a built-in thermostat that lets you monitor the heat dispersion precisely. The thermostat also has a low and high adjustment for maintaining the heating intensity.
The direct vent gas heating technology provides a safe and clean energy output, which is economical in the long run. The installation is also not that difficult as you have to connect the heater to a gas fitter simply and it is good to go. The heating grills are made up of die-cast aluminum for high build quality with a glass-ceramic window for safety. It has 1 year of warranty period from the manufacturer.
- 80000 BTU heating capacity
- Designed for indoor usage
- Can be wall mounted
- Direct vent wall heater
- Built-in thermostat
- You can monitor heat dispersion
- Low and high adjustment for thermostat
- Direct vent gas heating technology for safety
- Die-cast aluminum grills
- Glass-ceramic window for safety
- 1-year warranty
- Premium build quality
- Best option for wall mounting
- Price tag is very high
- Warranty period is short regarding the price tag
Campy Gear specializes in developing camping equipment with dual purpose and compact designs that are convenient to be used during your outdoor adventures. The brand strives to create innovative products that simplify and minimize the equipment needed for your outdoor excursions.
Similar to all the products developed by Campy gear, this indoor propane heater also comes with a dual purpose. Apart from using this heater to provide warmth, you can also use this as a stove for cooking food in case of home power failures. Campy Gear has used a patent pending design with a single button to start the equipment.
The propane heater offers you a decent heating capacity of 9,000 BTU. The heat output along with the 360 degrees radiant heating design provides warmth to you and your family during cold winters. When it comes to cooking, the stove features an adjustable flame control that allows you to use it for various cooking purposes. There is also a sturdy hand to support pans of up to 12 inches length.
Apart from propane, you can also use 110g and 250g butane and isobutane canisters to fuel the fire. The canisters have to be mounted inside the stove. Besides, you can also use a 1 lb propane cylinder that will last longer.
Campy Gear backs this portable indoor propane heater with a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase. On top of this, the brand offers reliable 24 hours customer service to resolve your queries.
- 2 in 1 propane heater
- 2 operating modes – “Cook only” and “Cook and heat”
- Decent 9,000 BTU heat output
- 360 degrees radiant heating design
- Adjustable flame control for cooking
- 1.5 hours of burning time
- Single press start button
- Removable dual function handle design
- Adjustable vent
- Anti-rust steel body
- Compatible with 110g and 230g fuel canisters
- 1 year warranty
- Dual functions – heating and cooking
- Easy and safe to use
- Provides value for money
- Heat output can not be adjusted
- Heat capacity is not that high
Mr.Heater is a lesser-known name in the market. But, it has a highly portable indoor propane heater mentioned below.
It has a very high heating capacity of 9000 BTU that can be adjusted into 2 stages that are 4000 and 9000 BTU. You can use this heater to heat up to 225 square feet without any problem. It has 3 different heating adjustments that are low, medium, and high that are needed according to different weather throughout the year.
The automatic low oxygen shut off system turns off the system in case there is a lack of oxygen in the surrounding. There is another safety feature that is the accidental tip-over safety shut off that will turn off the device to prevent any unfortunate accident. To start up the unit, simply push and rotate the knob according to your requirement, and it’s that easy. You can see a swivel regulator as well that will allow you to use remote gas supply from a single hose and filter. It also has a 1-year warranty that is pretty good for the price range.
- Compact option
- 18000 BTU maximum heating capacity
- 2 stage heating adjustment
- 4000 and 9000 BTU settings
- Heats up to 225 square feet
- Low, medium and high heating available
- Automatic low oxygen shut off system
- Accidental tip-over safety shut off system
- Safe to use
- Easy to use with just 1 knob
- Swivel regulator
- 1-year warranty
- Compact and portable option
- High heating capacity
- Heating area is small
- Not suitable for bigger rooms
Buying Guide For The Best Indoor Propane Heater
As you may have observed, there are a couple of properties that are repeated for each product but have a different value, such the size, heating capacity, portability, etc. To get the most suited product for your job, you need to analyze all of these features and get the most optimum option for yourself.
As it is not a very easy task, we are helping you with that via our buying guide given below. This buying guide contains each of those important parameters and their necessity regarding various applications. Hence, you can easily prioritize the features that you need the most and get the perfect heater accordingly. Therefore, we will suggest you read the buying guide completely before finalizing your purchase. Here are the key aspects of an indoor propane heater that should keep in mind before buying one:
1. Overall Heating Capacity
As the main aim of an indoor propane heater is to heat up a room, the heating capacity plays an important role. The heating capacity is generally given in the BTU, generally known as the British thermal unit.
In our list of the best indoor propane heaters, you can find the heating capacity varying from 8000 BTU up to 68000 BTU. Hence, there is certainly one or two options that are best suited for your needs. Also, make sure you consider the heating area as well as that also affects the heating capacity.
The size is an important factor as it is an indoor device. Similarly to many indoor devices, you should be considering as compact a device as possible as it saves a lot of space in the room and does not clutter your storage area.
But, the smaller devices generally lack power. Hence, you need to go with a bigger option if you require a higher power output. Therefore, before confirming your choice, make sure you check out the power requirement as well as the space available in the room to get a perfect size.
The portability becomes a necessary feature if you wish to use the indoor propane heater in several different locations. There can be different locations inside the same house, such as a living room, sleeping room, kitchen, etc. Or, you might have to carry it around on your job site for a controlled work environment.
You can also look at it as a heating device for camping if you are planning a trip in cold weather. The portability is largely affected by the size and weight of the heater. A large-sized device will not fit, whereas a heavier option will be difficult to carry.
An indoor propane heater consists of many critical parts that can fail and make the entire heater incompatible or straight up useless. To make sure your indoor heater does not fail for a long time, you need to confirm its reliability.
The reliability is largely dependent on the build quality and the quality of parts used for manufacturing the heater. As it is not possible to check the durability of each part physically, you can simply take a look at the warranty period allotted by the manufacturer. In this warranty period, you can get the failed parts repaired or even replaced for free of cost.
A decent indoor propane heater can be a lifesaver in terms of providing warmth and comfortable sleep in the cold nights of winter. You will not find anything more relaxing than a warm, open fire in the winter. The indoor propane heater will give you a similar experience with much less investment and with a high safety factor. As there are many options available for a propane heater, it can get a little confusing while choosing one option amongst all.
Hence, we have drafted this article about the best indoor propane heaters on the market. You can read about the indoor propane heaters and easily decide which one is the best option for you. We are also providing a buying guide to help you along the process. But, here are our top recommendations in case you want a little extra help in deciding the perfect option:
- Flirt, we will recommend you the Dura Heat propane heater as it is marginally affordable as compared to other options from our list. Even at the cheaper piece tag, it offers up to 1000 square feet. It is also the most portable option on our list as it weighs only 4 lbs, excluding the propane tank.
- Although, if you are looking for a heavy-duty option, then Dewalt propane heater is the best option for you. With a huge heating capacity of up to 68000 BTU, it can be easily used for any professional work. It is backed by 2 years of warranty from Dewalt.
- But, if you want a propane heater that can be fitted in a wall, then you should go with the Martin Propane Wall Heater. It is the most premium option on our list with 8000 BTU heating capacity and 1 year of warranty from Martin.
Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!