To lose weight successfully, apart from following the right kind of diet and exercise, maintaining a calorie deficit, you need to get rid of bad habits and make place for new ones that would lead towards a healthier and fitter you. People who have lost weight at a good pace have certain daily habits that they stick to diligently and these simple habits separate these high achievers from people who are constantly struggling to shed extra pounds. So, let’s find 12 Daily Habits of people who have lost weight fast.
1. They Do Not Eat Less, They Eat Right: Undoubtedly, these people are following or have followed a good weight loss diet. A good weight loss diet would encourage you to eat healthy meals, without depriving you of food, and also takes into consideration all your nutrient requirements, keeping you in calorie deficit so that you can drop extra pounds and burn fat. You can find such diets on the Rati Beauty app with meal plans that encourage you to eat the right kind of food, in the right quantity, with precise weight loss strategies. Find more details about the diet plans by downloading the Rati Beauty app on your phone
2. Portion Control Food: Portion control is essential to get into calorie deficit and to drop extra weight. Calorie deficit happens when a person consumes fewer calories than those burnt while exercising, resting, or performing basic bodily functions. Portion control involves being aware of the correct amount of food and serving sizes so that you do not fall out of calorie deficit. So, stop eyeballing food quantity and serving sizes, and measure your food. Tips to portion control food have been mentioned in detail on the Rati Beauty app.
3. They Meal Prep and Cook Their Own Food: There are multiple benefits of eating homemade food – you can cut loads of calories, be sure of healthy ingredients, and cut out bad ingredients like transfat, etc. And you get to save lots of money while doing so. Also, avoid ordering food from outside – food delivery apps on your phone may tempt you to give into cravings and order food from outside often. Limit eating out to once a week and you will see the weight dropping just with completely home-cooked food.
4. They Drink More Than 8 Glasses of Water: If there’s one golden rule you should absolutely follow if you are trying to lose weight – it’s to “drink at least 8 glasses of water each day!” But people who have lost weight fast do not limit their water intake to just 8 glasses of water, they sip on water whenever they can. There’s hardly any dispute that drinking water throughout the day helps with weight loss. Plain water affects fat loss in more ways than one – it helps to flush out toxins, curbs appetite, has absolutely no calories, boosts metabolism, and boosts the fat-burning process.
5. They Are on Their Feet for the Most Part of the Day: These people have made exercise a part of their daily routine, keeping aside at least 40 minutes from busy schedules to relax, meditate and exercise (not necessarily by hitting the gym). Exercise at least for 40 minutes five times a day every week to burn layers of extra fat and drop weight. Increasing physical activity and being on your feet for the major part of the day helps to burn considerable amount of calories. Even mundane chores like sweeping, mopping, dusting can help a great deal with weight loss.
9. They Eat Lots of Veggies: Try to fill half of your plate with vegetables and you can get the benefit of loads of nutrients and avoid extra calories from piling up in your body.
10. They Chew Food Slowly: When you sit down to eat, do so at a slow pace, and chewing every bite. When you eat too fast, your brain doesn’t get the signal to stop once you are full. This means that you often eat more than you actually require. Another interesting fact is that the brain takes about 20 minutes to register that you have eaten food and by slowing down, you can actually reach satiation point during the eating process itself and stop yourself from piling on extra pounds. People who eat slowly, tend to consume fewer calories than someone who is eating food in a rush.
11. They Get Minimum of 7 Hours of Shut Eye: You know these people are maintaining a good sleep schedule because they have intense energy levels through the day. Sleep deprivation can lower metabolism, increasing cravings for unhealthy food, and also increase stress hormone. In fact, sleeping for lesser than 7 hours, makes your metabolism slump to its lowest and that will lower the pace at which body burns fat. Get a minimum of 7 hours each night to lose weight successfully.
12. They Know How To Destress: They relax, sleep well, practice meditation, and find hobbies that would lower stress. Most of us turn to high-calorie, high-sodium, sugary delights when we are stressed out. Chronic stress, just like sleep deprivation, act as major roadblocks in a person’s weight loss journey. So, relax and find ways to take your mind off stress.
Hope these tips would inspire you to make healthy changes to your daily routine for successful weight loss.