As we have always maintained, weight loss is a process and looking for quick fixes would not actually fetch any success. But some may find the whole process laborious and counting every single calorie is seriously mentally exhausting, but let’s admit it, even the most devoted dieters could use some tricks to make losing weight easier and more enjoyable. Rather than following fad diets that encourage you to starve or push you to try detox cleanses that can leave one queasy the whole day, losing weight should be more about being an exciting journey, not a gruelling one. So, to help you with this process, here are some tricks to losing weight easier, apart from following the weight loss diets on the Rati Beauty app.
1. Fill Half Plate with Veggies: Most veggies are extremely low in calories but they are extremely filling. They nourish the body with vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, protein, minerals, necessary to synthesize essential hormones and enzymes that boost weight loss. Though healthy foods should be taken in limited amount, fresh vegetables are an exception, which you can eat as much as you can and rarely get into a calorie surplus! Diet experts recommend getting 2 to 3 servings of vegetables each day and here are “9 interesting ways to eat more vegetables for weight loss.”
2. Find Metabolism-Boosting Ways: Revving up your metabolism is one sure-shot way to lose weight because once the metabolism becomes sluggish, dropping the extra pounds and flab becomes an uphill task. As we all know, metabolism is the engine that torches up calories and helps body use up fat storage. Here’s how you can supercharge metabolism to accelerate weight loss.
3. Increase Protein Intake: Coupled with an active lifestyle, a protein-rich diet also accelerates the whole process, and you can find such diets on the Rati Beauty app. When you consume protein, it increases the levels of the satiety hormone “leptin,” helps to curb appetite, and increase thermogenesis in the body which means we get to burn more calories. A good amount of protein also lowers cravings for unhealthy food. Here’s a list of 14 inexpensive plant based protein sources for weight loss.
4. Sleep Really Well: Without good sleep, metabolism and fat-burning hormones and enzymes go for a toss. You can manage to drop a few pounds by doing nothing but just sleeping like a baby. Even if you exercise every single day and eat literally nothing, but if you don’t get that mandatory 7 hours of sleep, no significant weight loss is going to happen. So, make sure you sleep for 7 hours or more.
5. Avoid Processed Food with Transfat: Transfat makes body cells insulin resistant and eventually the cells stop responding to the activity of insulin, raising blood sugar levels abnormally and that leads to diabetes. It’s commonly found in fried food, packaged baked items, and even margarine (that’s considered a healthy alternative to butter).
6. Cut out Refined Food: Refined carbs have empty calories without any nutritional value to them, and most of these empty calories get converted to fat. By cutting down refined carbs, you can drop numbers on the weighing scale really well.
7. Water Preloading: Water preloading is a healthy and almost effortless way to boost weight loss. In this strategy, experts recommend to consume 500 ml of plain water half an hour before each meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Such a quantity of water before the meal will significantly stretch your tummy and as a result, there would be lesser release of the hunger hormone “ghrelin.” This means you would feel full with less food and fewer calorie intake. It is an effective strategy to tackle overeating and can apply the same technique while heading out for brunch, lunch or dinner. Load up on water and reduce the chances of overeating.
8. Practice Hara Buchi: “Hara Hachi Bu” is an eating technique that originated from Okinawa region of Japan where people live an exceptionally long life, are not obese, and rarely suffer from any metabolic diseases such as type 2 diabetes, stroke or cardiovascular issues. “Hara Hachi Bu,” literally translates to “eat until you are 80% full.” It’s a part of mindful eating where one is alert about cues from the body when the satiety point has been reached. For weight loss to happen, it is important to remain in calorie deficit, and hara hachi bu is an effective eating practice that can help us shed weight by keeping us in calorie deficit. Ideally, one should never eat to the point of developing discomfort. In short, eating only until 80% full will help you eat less, lose weight, and live longer and healthier. Here’s how you can practice hara hachi bu.
9. Check out these “6 Low-Calorie Summer Treats for Healthy Snacking.”
10. Give up Refined Sugar: Giving up on refined sugar (without adding artificial sweeteners) from your diet can be a game-changer if you are trying to lose weight and improve overall health in general. Eliminating white sugar is the most easiest and effective ways to shed some initial pounds without breaking a sweat. Here are “15 Ways to Satisfy your Sweet Tooth without Refined Sugar.”