By Betty Vandenbosch, Chief Content Officer at Coursera
The world of work is rapidly changing. In the next five years, over 50% of employees will need to reskill for new jobs, and 40% of core skills will change for those who remain in their roles.
Today, I am excited to share that six new MasterTrack®️ Certificates and four new university certificates from leading Indian universities are now live on Coursera. These will help learners reskill and upskill to succeed in high-demand, digital fields. We also offer 1,500 Guided Projects to help learners apply their newly acquired skills.
MasterTrack Certificates provide degree pathways
MasterTrack programs make degree learning more accessible by splitting degrees into modules that learners complete in 3-12 months. Upon completion, learners earn a university-issued certificate, and the certificate counts as credit if they choose to continue their education and are accepted into the full degree program.
The new MasterTrack Certificates are from leading universities around the globe. They include our first MasterTrack program from an Ivy League university, our first Spanish-language business MasterTrack Certificate, and our first MasterTrack program from Australia:
- Health Informatics from Yale University – To foster data-first biomedical, clinical, and public health leaders, this Ivy League program focuses on clinical information systems, clinical research, health data standards, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. This MasterTrack Certificate serves as a pathway to the Yale School of Public Health MPH or Yale’s Online Executive MPH.
- Data Analytics for Managers from Tufts University – Experts from Tufts, a leading university known for its unique combination of research and liberal arts, teach students how to apply critical thinking and data analysis to influence product development, operations, marketing, and sales decisions. This certificate counts as four credits if admitted to Tufts Online Master of Science in Engineering Management.
- Business Administration from Universidad de Palermo – From one of the top five universities in Latin America, this Spanish-language program teaches students the leadership, HR, digital marketing, and technology management skills needed to run businesses. This MasterTrack Certificate counts as credit for UP’s online MBA.
- Agile Software Development Methodologies from Universidad de los Andes – This Spanish-language MasterTrack Certificate from the No. 1 ranked Colombian University focuses on scalable software architecture, app engineering, agile development, and cloud software, using tools such as Python, Flask, Angular, and Kotlin. The MasterTrack Certificate serves as a pathway to Uniandes’s fully online Master of Software Engineering.
- Global Leadership and Human Resource Management from Macquarie University – Designed to foster adaptable leaders, this MasterTrack program teaches students how to motivate staff, better enable organizations to achieve strategic objectives, and use teamwork to power innovation. The completed program counts as credit if accepted into the fully online Global Master of Business Administration degree, which is ranked the best global online MBA in Australia.
- Finance, Analysis, and Modeling from Macquarie University – This program prepares students to become data-driven decision-makers by using financial and data literacy to solve complex business problems. If accepted into the fully online Global Master of Business Administration degree, the completed MasterTrack program can count for up to 20 credits.
New university certificates from IIM Calcutta and IIT Roorkee teach job-relevant skills
We are also unveiling four certificates from leading Indian universities. With live sessions and networking opportunities, these interactive programs provide learners the practical training needed to advance their careers and prepare for senior roles.
- Management Science from the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM Calcutta) – Students learn from faculty at one of India’s most prestigious business schools how to use analytics and models to make data-driven decisions that solve real-world business problems.
- Supply Chain Analytics from IIM Calcutta – By focusing on real-world problem solving, this program teaches how to optimize supply chains and improve efficiency by using better frameworks, tools, and analytics.
- Advanced Machine Learning and AI from the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IIT Roorkee) – From one of India’s top 10 universities, this certificate uses hands-on learning to teach the advanced ML techniques and skills needed to build deep learning models and AI applications. The first cohort is expected to start in 2022.
- Data Science and Machine Learning from IIT Roorkee – Learn fundamental data science techniques, including Python programming, data analysis, and data visualization, and then apply those skills to create models that solve real-world problems. The first cohort is expected to start in October 2021.
1,500+ Guided Projects provide hands-on learning opportunities
As people learn, they must apply their skills — otherwise, 75% of new information is forgotten. Guided Projects teach job-relevant skills in less than two hours and allow learners to immediately practice their skills using new tools while working alongside expert instruction.
Since launching last year, learners have enrolled in over 2.5 million Guided Projects. We’ve grown the number of Guided Projects by 15x since last April and now offer over 300 projects in Spanish, Arabic, French, Portuguese, and Russian.
We are excited to work with leading university partners around the globe to continually grow our job-relevant catalog and offer pathways to degree programs. Whether learners need to quickly grasp a new skill at work or pursue life-transforming degrees at their own pace, they can achieve their goals through a powerful learning experience on Coursera.