Summers with its high heat and humidity can trigger breakouts and pimples on acne-prone skin. The tricky thing about acne is that it is very hard to identify what’s causing recurrent pimples and breakouts. It could be a variety of reasons like a poor diet, lack of exercise, makeup products, inappropriate skincare routine, hormonal changes, etc. In this post, we are going to talk about a host of changes you can make to prevent pimples during summers.
12 Ways to Ways to Naturally Prevent Acne and Pimple Breakouts in Summers:
1. Start on a Clean Diet: You are what you eat, and sometimes, wrong dietary habits are a major reason for acne and breakouts. Eat the right kind of food and alleviate the appearance of acne and breakouts, find such diets on the Rati Beauty app, which also help you to get leaner and fitter by dropping away extra pounds. Download the app for more detais.
2. Stay hydrated: Staying adequately hydrated is non-negotiable. Drink plenty of water through the day. You could also switch this up with lemonade with honey, fruit-infused water or coconut water, if you find it difficult to drink plain water.
3. Exercise regularly: Exercising on a regular basis is one of the best ways to cleanse your body of the toxins that build up inside. When you sweat after a good workout, the pores on your skin naturally cleanse themselves from deep within. Find a workout routine that you really enjoy, and stick to it.
4. Use clean sheets and towels: Make it a point to change your bedsheets and pillowcases at least once a week, if not more often. The oils from your skincare products accumulate onto your bed linen and lead to the growth of the bacteria that cause acne. The same applies to your face towels and cleansing cloths.
5. Clean your makeup brushes: Makeup brushes and sponges are an active breeding ground for the acne-causing bacteria. It is not only important to clean these makeup tools on a regular basis, but it is also essential to use anti-microbial cleansers for this purpose—especially if you’re dealing with recurrent breakouts.
6. Use non-comedogenic products: Always look out for the “non-comedogenic” label on skincare products like lotions and creams. This means that the product will not clog your pores and is therefore less likely to cause pimples and breakouts.
7. Pick oil-free makeup products: Pick out makeup that is labeled “oil-free.” Using an oil-free foundation is a must if you have acne-prone skin. Use as many water-based makeup products as you can.
8. Go for facial and clean-ups: If you’re dealing with pimples and breakouts, then facials are not for you. Instead, you should go for regular facial cleanups that focus on unclogging the pores and treating the skin with effective exfoliants and face packs. You can also do this at home.
9. Rethink of your hair removal routine: If you get your facial hair removed on a regular basis, then it might be time to rethink the method you’re using. Sometimes, waxing the face can result in recurrent pimples and breakouts. Explore alternative methods of facial hair removal, or go for therapies like laser hair reduction or electrolysis.
10. Follow a suitable skincare routine: Simply following a skincare routine is not enough, especially if you’re getting recurrent breakouts. The skincare routine that you choose has to be tailored to your specific skin concerns. For this purpose, you should consult a dermatologist and get a skin analysis before settling in on a skincare routine.
11. Pick an Oil-Free Sunscreen: Since sunscreen is an absolute must in summers, pick one according to your skin type. If you have acne-prone skin, pick an oil-free and fragrance-free skincare to avoid breakouts. Here’s the list of “10 Best Fragrance Free Sunscreens in India.”
12. Always Sleep with a Clean Face: Allow your skin to breathe at night and make a conscious effort to wipe every speck of makeup, dirt, grime, and oil before you hit the sack.