While aloe vera is an extremely popular skincare ingredient, known for treating a wide variety of skin issues – from treating dryness to calming down inflammation and rashes, aloe vera can do it all. You would be surprised to know that something as basic as aloe vera contains 75 beneficial compounds with vitamin A, C, E, antioxidants, and amino acids being just a few of them. It is no surprise that “aloe vera” is packed with a whole lot of nutrients that work wonders for our skin, hair, and overall well being. But recently, some studies have found out that aloe vera can also help with weight loss? Surprised? It seems aloe vera can boost metabolism and help the body metabolize blood sugar better. In this post, we detail out, different ways to use aloe vera gel for weight loss and how you can incorporate it into your daily diet. But make no mistake, successful weight loss can only be achieved through the right kind of diet, such as on the Rati Beauty app, and leading a healthy lifestyle; everything else are just add ons. Coming back to aloe vera, here are different ways to use aloe vera to boost metabolism:
How Does Aloe Vera Help You Lose Weight?
There are four significant ways in which aloe vera can help you lose weight:
1. It boosts your metabolism: The high content of vitamin B in aloe vera plays an instrumental role in boosting your metabolism, which in turn curbs fat buildup in the body, regulates the gastrointestinal processes and controls the appetite. This is a boon when you are trying to lose weight.
2. It naturally detoxifies the body: Aloe vera is an excellent and rich source of antioxidants and polysaccharides, both of which natural cleanse the body by ridding it of toxins. Again, this is a great way of aiding the weight loss process.
3. It acts as a natural laxative: The role of a good laxative cannot be understated in the process of weight loss, and when you find one that is completely natural—like aloe vera—then nothing like it.
4. It prevents you from overeating: Aloe vera plays a key role in lowering the glucose levels in our blood, which gives us the feeling of being full for longer periods. This controls your appetite and prevents you from overeating.
How Can You Consume Aloe Vera in Your Daily Diet?
It is thought that you can consume one teaspoon of aloe vera juice everyday for up to two weeks in a row, approximately 15 minutes before each meal of the day. It may come as a pleasant surprise to you, but there are so many ways in which you can incorporate your daily dose of aloe vera gel/juice into your diet. Here are some suggestions:
1. Plain aloe vera gel: You can consume freshly extracted aloe vera gel.
2. Plain aloe vera juice: This is prepared by grinding the freshly extracted gel from the aloe vera leaf and filtering it.
3. Diluted aloe vera juice: You can consume the juice with a glass of water.
4. Mixed aloe vera juice: You can mix any other fruit or vegetable juice of your choice along with the aloe vera juice.
5. Aloe vera with Honey: Add some honey to the aloe vera juice/gel to enhance the flavour.
6. Aloe vera with Lemon Juice: A few drops of fresh lemon juice can also enhance the flavour of aloe vera.
7. Aloe vera smoothies: You can add a teaspoon of aloe vera gel to any fruit smoothie of your choice, for example, berry smoothie, kale smoothie or mango smoothie. Make sure to skip the sugar and replace it with honey.
8. Aloe vera with Ginger: Calm down inflammation and get rid of bloating as well by drinking this aloe-ginger tea. Take 1 tbsp of freshly-grated ginger and mix 2 tbsp of freshly-extracted aloe vera juice into it. Boil a cup of water and add this mixture to it. Allow it to boil for 5 minutes and let it cool down, and sip away immediately.
9. Aloe vera with Green Tea: Give your body an antioxidant boost by brewing a cup of green tea, and then allow it to cool. Now, extract fresh aloe vera juice and add 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel in the cup of green tea. Mix well and consume immediately.
10. Aloe vera with Pineapple and Cucumber: To make this juice, take one slice of medium ripe pineapple, a tablespoon of aloe vera gel, one medium-sized cucumber, and one glass of water. Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend well. You can have this healthy smoothie when hunger pang strikes hard and when you need a refreshing drink in the summers.
11. Aloe vera with Strawberries: You can make an antioxidant rich smoothie by combining aloe vera with vitamin C rich strawberries. To make this juice, add 5 strawberries and 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera juice into a blender. Pour it out into a glass and sip away for good health.
12. Aloe vera and Chia Seeds Juice: Combining fat-burning chia seeds with the goodness of omega-3 fatty acids with metabolism-boosting aloe vera juice can burn considerable amount of calories. To make this natural fat-burning juice, take 1 tbsp of chia seeds and 1 tbsp of lemon juice in 2 cups of warm water. Stir well, let it stand still for 15 minutes, and consume this drink.
You can try including aloe vera into your daily routine and reap the amazing benefits – on skin, hair, and for overall health.