J Sagar Associates (JSA) has promoted seven principal associates to retained partner level (equivalent to salaried partner).
The new retained partners are:
- Gaurav Arora, corporate, Gurgaon (2013 LLB RGNUL Patiala)
- Pallavi Banerjee, corporate, finance, Mumbai (2013 LLB NUJS Kolkata)
- Pracheta Bhattacharya, finance, Mumbai (2010 LLB NUJS Kolkata)
- Siddhartha Desai, finance, Mumbai (2012 LLB KC Law College)
- Kartikeya GS, corporate, Gurgaon (2011 LLB GNLU Gandhinagar)
- Rahul Kinra, disputes, Delhi (2013 LLB UPES Dehradun)
- Sarvesh Kumar Saluja, corporate, Gurgaon (2008 LLB GGSIPU, 2012 LLM Kurukshetra University)
Four of the promotees are based in the firm’s Gurgaon or Delhi offices, while three are based in Mumbai.
Corporate was the most popular practice area, getting four promotions, while finance saw two and disputes one new retained partner.
NUJS Kolkata was responsible for LLB-educations of two of the new retained partners, with RGNUL Patiala, KC Law College, GNLU Gandhinagar, UPES Dehradun and GGSIPU being the alma mater of one retained partner each.
Out of the national law schools, Arora’s may be one of the first Big Law promotions of an alumnus of RGNUL Patiala, which had only been founded in 2006.
By April 2020, JSA had promoted 13 to salaried partner in two batches; in 2019 the firm had elevated 12 to retained partner around the same time.
By reading the comments you agree that they are the (often anonymous) personal views and opinions of readers, which may be biased and unreliable, and for which Legally India therefore has no liability. If you believe a comment is inappropriate, please click ‘Report to LI’ below the comment and we will review it as soon as practicable.