Khaitan & Co has promoted a total of 22 principal associates and counsel to salaried partner positions.
One counsel – Sumit Chakraborty – was promoted to the partner-equivalent director position in Kolkata’s corporate team.
A total of four principal associates were promoted to counsel.
The Mumbai office – the firm’s biggest – saw 13, Delhi’s NCR region eight and Bengaluru one promotion.
The broader corporate practice got a total of 7 new partners (3 in mainstream corporate, with another 4 in various private equity and/or venture capital teams). After that, the largest practice areas were disputes and banking with 4 new partners each.
Other promotions also happened in the following teams: financial services, debt capital markets, competition, employment and insolvency.
The new partners are:
- Aayushi Anand, Private Debt & Insolvency (NCR)
- Abhinav Chandan, TMT (NCR)
- Abhisaar Bairagi, disputes (NCR)
- Ahana Sinha, banking (Mumbai)
- Anchit Oswal, disputes (NCR)
- Arvind Ray, disputes (NCR)
- Deepak Kumar, employment (Mumbai)
- Kapish Mandhyan, corporate (Mumbai)
- Kartikeya Prakash, VC & new age business (Mumbai)
- Nidhi Killawala, PE & VC (NCR)
- Pranjal Prateek, competition (NCR)
- Radhika Agarwal, PE (Mumbai)
- Rahul Chakraborti, banking (Mumbai)
- Rolwine Alva, banking (Mumbai)
- Saswat Subasit, corporate (Mumbai)
- Smita Jha, banking (Bengaluru)
- Sneha Janakiraman, disputes (NCR)
- Soumya Mohapatra, debt capital markets (Mumbai)
- Stuti Galiya, corporate (Mumbai)
- Tanushree Bhuwalka, private equity – real estate (Mumbai)
- Tarunya Krishnan, ESG & commercial (Mumbai)
- Vidushi Gupta, financial services (Mumbai)
Senior partner Haigreve Khaitan said in a statement: “It has been an extraordinary year for everyone and it is a great privilege to welcome these outstanding individuals to our Partnership. These promotions reflect the dedication, sincerity and contribution each one of them has made. I wish them the very best as their careers progress and am excited to work with them shoulder to shoulder to build a great future.”
Executive director, human resources, Amar Sinhji added: “We are very excited to have these outstanding minds bring their invaluable expertise and knowledge to our Partnership. Grooming the right people, with the right skills, culture and values has always been of utmost importance for the firm. We are certain that with these new promotions, we continue to be on the right track to provide sustained support to our clients and ensure continued success.”
The four new counsel are:
- Abhinav Rastogi, employment (NCR)
- Achint Kaur, commercial (NCR)
- Nayantara Kutty, corporate (Mumbai)
- Ratnil Chauhan, disputes (NCR)