If there’s a time to lose weight and get to a lighter version of yourself, it’s right now! And if you think you should abstain from food from tomorrow in order to melt away extra fat, then it’s a really bad idea because starving and food deprivation has never helped anyone lose weight successfully. And come to think of it, why eat less when you can actually lose weight by eating right and really well on the Rati Beauty weight loss diet. And here are dozen more ways to get lean, healthy, and lose weight.
1. Maintain Calorie Deficit: When someone creates a calorie deficit, it means they are taking lesser calories through food and burning more through exercise and while performing other activities. When a calorie deficit is created, our body starts sourcing energy from stored fat. Most usually, it’s the fat that is stored around hips, belly, thighs, and arms. When calories fall short from the food we consume, gradually the fat deposits get used up and that’s how you lose weight. If you are clueless about how to create a good calorie deficit, check out the weight loss program on the Rati Beauty app.
2. Sleep For 7 and More Hours: Sleep deprivation has direct links to weight gain because lack of sleep encourages the body to store fat by lowering metabolism, increasing the levels of hunger hormone ghrelin and stress hormone cortisol, and lowers the release of fat-burning enzymes and hormones. So, do get your daily dose of beauty sleep starting from today.
3. Quit Sugar for 14 Days: When you stop eating sugar, amazing things happen to your body, your skin texture improves and inflammation in the body reduces, but weight loss is the biggest benefit that you can get out of giving up sugar. If one consumes more sugar, the body will convert the glucose from sugar source to fat and store it for later use. By cutting down sugar, you will not be providing the body fuel for fat storage (glucose) and with strict exercise and diet routine, you would be able to shed weight really well and get your dream body and goal weight quickly.
4. HIIT: HIIT workouts are popular to burn fat when compared to cardio exercises such as walking or running on the treadmill. Even after you have finished HIIT routine, your body continues to burn calories because of increased oxygen consumption, keeping up the metabolism high all through the day. You would be surprised to know that you can burn up to 100 calories per hour for 24 hours after a 30-minute HIIT workout. HIIT also boosts enzymes that are responsible for fat burning and also decrease levels of fat-producing enzymes. HIIT exercises are great for busy women because they burn more fat and calories in less time. Here is a list of 7-Minute Fat Burning HIIT Exercises That you can Do at Home.
5. Drink As Much Water as you Can: Plain water affects fat loss in more ways than one – it helps to flush out toxins, has absolutely no calories, boosts metabolism, and keeps hunger pangs in check. So, drink more than 8 glasses of water for great skin and to boost weight loss.
6. Fill Half of your Plate with Vegetables: Why not fill half of your plate with veggies to add loads of nutrition, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to your body without adding too many calories and helping the body maintain a calorie deficit to burn fat.
7. Portion Control: It’s essential to practice portion control with every meal to get into calorie deficit to lose weight. Read about “10 Tips to Portion Control Food for Weight Loss.”
8. Eat from Smaller Plates: This is thought to be a foolproof strategy to trick your brain into believing that a smaller meal is actually big. It would help you from going on to second servings and practice portion control effectively. Swap your regular meal plate with an 8-inch plate, and see the magic.
9. Include Healthy Fats: Eat healthy fats to get lean because fats do not cause insulin spikes. As we all know, “insulin” is a hormone that also triggers fat storage. When there is too much insulin in the blood stream, there are more chances of it getting stored as fat. Healthy fats do not trigger the release of excess insulin, slowing down the process of fat storage. Healthy fats also boost metabolism instead of making it sluggish. Here’s a list of healthy fats to include in your daily diet.
10. Strengthen your Gut: Probiotics are good and friendly bacteria that reside in the small intestine and colon in the human body. These colonies of friendly bacteria extract nutrients from the digested food and release it into the blood when it reaches the intestine. When the good bacterial flora is disrupted with the invasion of bad bacteria, it creates an imbalance and nutrients and vitamins are not efficiently extracted from the food. This disruption in the digestive system is called as “dysbiosis,” which is an imbalance microbial ecosystem in the intestine. This dysbiosis is linked to weight gain and obesity. When friendly bacteria in the gut maintain the digestive system, weight loss happens. Kefir, yogurt, curd, fermented food, pickles are all good sources of probiotics to have on a daily basis for good health and weight loss.
11. Make Healthy Lifestyle Changes: Healthy lifestyle changes are the keys to unlock weight loss and to sustain weight loss. Here’s a list of 17 Small Lifestyle Habits That Will Help you with Weight Loss.
12. Kick out Stress: Where there is stress, losing weight becomes a bit difficult. Chronic stress has been found to hamper weight loss, interfering with hormones that burn fat. Read about some amazing tips to lower stress to lose weight in this post.