First things first, congratulations to all newly-married girls out here who have begun a happily married life. So, you managed to successfully lose weight and looked like a million dollars in your dream wedding attire. So now that you are living a fairy-tale life with your husband, there’s something that can upset you – the pounds which you had managed to drop earlier are slowly creeping back on the weighing scale! No don’t fret yet because in this post, we list down some amazing and effective ways to avoid weight gain after marriage.
1. Get on a Healthy Diet: A healthy diet not only helps with losing weight, it helps in maintaining the right weight. If you want to prevent the pounds from piling on, start on a healthy diet such as on Rati Beauty app to lose weight as well as to avoid any weight gain.
2. Avoid Greasy and Processed Food: There may be lot of partying involved as you are a newly-wed which means lots of greasy and processed food! Whenever you are at home make sure to cook yourself and your partner a healthy, nutritious and low calorie meal that you both can enjoy together. Find such meals on the Rati Beauty app.
3. Continue Working Out: You worked hard on your body to fit into your dream bridal attire and just because you got married, it doesn’t give you the excuse for not working out. No matter how busy you are, try to take at least half an hour daily for some form of workout. You can also go on walks with your partner after dinner and it could be a great bonding time for both of you. Also, signing up for gym classes together would be a great idea.
4. Read Nutritional Labels: If you are not already reading food labels, make it a habit to spend some time and check nutrition labels of food products because they would clearly depict in detail total calories, saturated fat content, added sodium or sugar levels. Also, you would be able to eliminate the possibility of transfat making into your diet by reading the label properly. Transfat is an ingredient that only leads to quick weight gain, it mobilizes fat from other areas of the body to the belly area!
5. Keep Fridge Stocked with Healthy Food: Keep your fridge properly stocked with healthy foods, fruits and vegetables – like all the time. It will really help to keep you away from all the junk food, as you will always be reaching out to healthier versions of food items. This practice especially helps if both of you are working and are pressed for time always.
6. Plan Activities that you Can Do Together As a Couple: If you are not a gym person, then it would be a good idea to join dancing classes together or even go trekking. Activities such as these are a great way to keep extra inches off your tummy.
7. Motivate Each Other: Be each other’s cheerleader without being critical, and encourage each other to work harder. One of you may be a fitness fanatic while the other could be a couch potato! Try to strike a balance and work out a system that works for both of you.
8. Have an Early Dinner: One trick to avoid weight gain is to eat an early dinner because our metabolism slumps down towards the evening and having a late dinner can encourage the body to store extra calories as fat instead of getting a chance to burn them out. You can also avoid unhealthy cravings and frequent trips to the fridge by having an early dinner.
9. Avoid Refined Carbs: Food items made out of refined carbs such as candies, white bread, pizza, donuts, cookies, burgers, chocolates, etc. spike insulin levels and have loads of calories that quickly add up and get stored as fat in cells. Make sure you are eating complex carbs and not refined carbs to avoid weight gain.
10. Swap Unhealthy Food with Healthy Versions: If you are craving for chocolates, then have dark chocolates instead of the regular ones and milk varieties. If are craving for soft drinks, pick sparkling water instead. Make sure you are picking healthier versions of unhealthy foods. Check out this list of “50 Healthy Food Swaps That Everyone Should Absolutely Try.”
11. Avoid eating out too often: We know eating out is a bit unavoidable, as you both have so many invites as a newly-wed but eating out too often can be really bad for your waistline. Make sure once you settle into the routine life, cut down eating out as much as possible.
12. Meal Prep Together: Meal prepping promotes the habit of healthy eating and saves a lot of time during hectic weekdays where there is little time to cook homemade food. Preparing batches of healthy food and storing them up in the fridge, that would last for most days in the week will save a lot of money, time, and helps you trim off extra calories that make their way through ordered foods from restaurants and eateries. As a couple, list out your favorite dishes, and meal prep together healthy meals.
13. Be Aware of Added Sugar: Added sugar can be found is found in cupcakes, candies, chocolates, pastries, cakes, but most of the time, sugar is mentioned under different names in processed foods. It’s extremely important to look at the ingredient list of packaged food to figure out how much extra sugar is added. Here are some tricks to cut back on added sugar to lose weight.
14. Reserve Cheat Meals for Date Nights: We all know the right kind of weight loss diet promotes cheat meal once a week, so does the diets on Rati Beauty app. But as a newly-wed, avoid eating guilty foods every other day – reserve cheat meals for your date nights only.
15. Get 7 Hours of Sleep Every Night: Even if you are watching what you eat, and exercising every single day, your body will still put on weight because with sleep deprivation comes a slow metabolism, increase in hunger hormone “ghrelin” and shooting up of stress hormone “cortisol,” – all of which tend to increase weight, particularly belly fat. Sleep deprivation is directly linked to weight gain and that’s why at leats 7 hours of sleep every night can do wonders for weight loss.
We hope all these tips would help you avoid gaining weight post marriage, and we wish you a Happy Married life once again.