* A federal detainee who threw a chair at a prosecutor has been charged. Guess they threw the book at him… [Department of Justice]
* Residents of North Carolina will purportedly be allowed to phone a lawyer for free tomorrow. [ABC News]
* A lawyer for Joe Biden accuser Tara Reade is requesting that the New York Times compensate his client for publishing Reade’s social security number. [Fox News]
* A proposed law in Florida would make it difficult to sue healthcare providers and nursing homes for damages related to COVID-19. [NBC News]
* The former owner of New York Sports Clubs has settled a lawsuit over billing practices during the COVID-19 pandemic. That case wasn’t on the legal treadmill for long… [Reuters]
Jordan Rothman is a partner of The Rothman Law Firm, a full-service New York and New Jersey law firm. He is also the founder of Student Debt Diaries, a website discussing how he paid off his student loans. You can reach Jordan through email at [email protected].