Guess what? The number one tip to get glowing and supple skin – keep it moisturized always, no matter what your skin type. If you have been noticing that your skin is feeling dull, it’s time to add loads of moisture and hydration to bring the glow back. In this post, we have listed out 6 super moisturizing ingredients in skincare products to reverse dull skin, and they all work really well for all skin types. Check them out:
1. Squalene: Squalane oil is lightweight in texture and gets absorbed into the skin quite easily. Since squalane is naturally found in your body, it penetrates deep into the skin without any effort. It acts as an excellent moisturizer, making skin soft, hydrated and plump, reducing the level of premature ageing as well.
2. Lactic Acid: It’s an alpha hydroxy acid that gently exfoliates to reveal clearer and radiant skin and it is used extensively in skin brightening and exfoliating products. Lactic acid is more popular as an exfoliant, but it also works as a moisturizer, and clears out dull skin with regular use.
3. Glycerin: This ingredient is extensively used in DIY moisturizer formulas to trap moisture in the skin and actually attract more moisture, and prevents skin from drying out.
4. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera has antioxidants that penetrate deep into the skin and replenishes lost moisture, improves collagen generation, and prevents premature ageing. Also, applying it on face overnight will revive, repair and replenish your skin, giving it a dewy glow with a brighter complexion. Also, it has calming and healing qualities that can soothe sunburns, help clear up acne, and calm irritated skin. So, if you want to clear up all the blemishes from your skin, apply it regularly every night and it will be worth your every effort! Here’s how you can use aloe vera at night and wake up to soft and supple skin in the morning.
5. Ceramides: This ingredient prevents moisture loss, reducing dryness, promoting suppleness of the skin. Ceramides form a protective layer against environmental stressors that damage the skin. They also retain hydration and moisture, reversing dullness of skin.
6. Hyaluronic acid: To provide hydration or moisture to the skin, nothing can beat the efficacy of hyaluronic acid. It is already found in our body, but the production declines as we age. When applied topically, hyaluronic acid prevents the moisture loss and provides hydration at the same time. It makes the skin super soft, smooth and plump. Using hyaluronic acid based products can plump up the skin and diminish the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles. Here’s a list of “9 Best Hyaluronic Acid Serums to Replenish Moisture.”
The best thing about these ingredients is that they work equally well for all skin types, so start looking for these ingredients in your skincare products.