Next Time You Travel, Go with a Pandemic-Friendly Insurance Plan
The Covid-19 pandemic has invited a closer look at travel insurance plans and carriers—and specifically what they cover and what they don’t. We’re pleased to share with our customers and future travelers that our plans stand up to the critical eye, meeting high benefit and coverage standards that travelers are seeking right now. Here are a few ways that our pandemic-friendly plan hits the mark:
No Pandemic Exclusion on Our Plan
For starters, our popular Trip Care Complete plan does not have a “pandemic exclusion.” Travelers are learning that other carriers and plans that have a pandemic exclusion are much more limited in coverage. For example, Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption and Travel Delay coverage would not be effective for any reason related to the pandemic (such as if you or your traveling companion became ill with Covid-19). Additionally, Emergency Medical Expenses and Emergency Medical Evacuation would not provide coverage for Covid-19 illness, as our plans do.
Cancel For Any Reason Optional Upgrade
Our Trip Care Complete plan also offers an appealing upgrade option called Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR). Available if you buy your travel insurance within 14 days of your initial trip deposit (other conditions apply), the CFAR option allows you to cancel your trip for literally any reason at all and still recoup up to 75% of your pre-paid, non-refundable trip costs. CFAR is especially important now because travel insurance plans generally don’t cover any of the following reasons for cancellation: fear of travel, including due to the pandemic, government-imposed travel bans to other countries, new outbreaks in your destination, and CDC or WHO warnings. To protect your trip payment in the event of any of these cancellation reasons that fall outside of what’s covered in travel insurance plans, we recommend you consider the CFAR upgrade, which is offered at an additional 50% – 55% of the base premium, depending on the plan purchased.
Other Pandemic-Friendly Benefits:
- Reimbursement of up to 100% of unused, non-refundable travel arrangement coverage if policyholder contracts Covid-19 as diagnosed by a physician and is unable to travel; or, if traveling companion, immediate family member, child’s caregiver or business partner contracts Covid-19 as diagnosed by a physician, or dies of Covid-19.
- Coverage also applies if you’re a full-time employee who has been terminated from your job within 30 days of the departure date, after at least 3 years of continuous full-time employment with your employer.
- Coverage applies if the policyholder, their traveling companion, family, caregiver or business partner contracts COVID-19 as diagnosed by a physician and travel plans need to be altered. Reimbursement up to 150%* of unused, non-refundable travel arrangements, additional transportation expenses and/or return air travel including change fees.
Emergency Medical Expense
- Coverage up to $250,000* if the policyholder contracts Covid-19 as diagnosed by a physician causing them to seek immediate medical care.
Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Coverage up to $500,000* if the policyholder contracted COVID-19 as diagnosed by a physician causing them to require medical evacuation to an adequate medical facility.
Benefit amounts listed above are from the Elite plan level of the Trip Care Complete plan. To view all plan options and levels, visit travelinsure.com/PandemicPlan.
For complete details, please visit travelinsure.com/PandemicPlan and read the plan description of coverage, or call our customer service to learn more: (800) 937-1387, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern Time. You can get a quote and enroll on the website or by phone.