* A Georgia lawyer, who some believed may have been the inspiration for the “Matlock” character, has passed away. Wonder if he wore Matlock suits himself… [WSB TV]
* A settlement has been reached in a lawsuit that alleged James Franco created a sexually exploitative environment at an acting school. [New York Times]
* Authorities say that the man who killed the son of Judge Esther Salas last year may have also targeted Justice Sonia Sotomayor. [NBC News]
* A lawsuit has been filed against a Texas utility over the death of a child during the winter weather and power failures that hit Texas last week. [Hill]
* A federal judge has dismissed a defamation lawsuit Congressman Devin Nunes filed against CNN. [Politico]
* Democratic lawmakers are suggesting that President Biden steer clear of candidates with Ivy League educations when considering possible Supreme Court picks. Happy to still be eligible… [New York Times]
Jordan Rothman is a partner of The Rothman Law Firm, a full-service New York and New Jersey law firm. He is also the founder of Student Debt Diaries, a website discussing how he paid off his student loans. You can reach Jordan through email at [email protected].